Prompts in filters

Simon Phillips December 9, 2020

Hi

Does anyone know if you can build in a prompt to quick filters?  I have seen the articles on creating a filter and then allowing the user to run that filter and change a value, but this is not helpful when using quick filters in a classic project backlog board.

Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 16.04.38.png

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

Hi Simon - I am not aware of any way to provide prompts in filters in Jira Cloud. 

Can you give more of a scenario of what you are wanting to achieve? 

Simon Phillips December 10, 2020

Hi @John Funk 

Of course.

We have a Classic SCRUM project using a main filter to view across multiple projects the team works on.

However, the only option you have in a classic project when viewing the Backlog or Active sprint boards are the quick filters created under board settings:

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 09.03.31.png

Whilst this is useful, it lacks the ability for me to create a prompt, for example for a specific project you wish to see at the time of running the quick filter.  By default I can use the team members to filter down, but i want to be able to see what everyone is doing or planning to do on a specific project, without having to navigate away from the unified view project.

Hope this explains the situation.

Simon

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

Yep, I understand. The only way we have been able to do that is create a quick filter for each project. If there are a lot of projects, then sometimes grouping them somewhat to at least cut down on the volume returned. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events