Plan Fails to Create Indefinitely

Danny Estes April 1, 2021

We upgraded our Jira Cloud instance from Standard to Premium 3 days ago. Since upgrading, I have been exploring the use of Advanced Roadmaps by trying to create various Plans. So far, I fill in the details, click Create, and the page spins indefinitely (I've let it process overnight).

I've tried planning a Board (~1000 issues)
I've tried planning a Project (~100 issues)
I've tried planning a Filter (~50-60 issues)

I figured the system could need a couple days to enable all of the Premium features across our accounts or something, so I wanted until now to ask. I also couldn't find anyone else with a similar issue.

Would love some help!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2021

Hi @Danny Estes,

This definitely doesn't sound right. It shouldn't take very long to create a plan at all, and you shouldn't need to wait for for all premium features to be activated. I would recommend that you raise a support request via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ to get this addressed asap,

Regards,

Dave

Danny Estes April 5, 2021

Thanks @Dave.

I've submitted a ticket since this doesnt sound like a common issue. Once I figure out the resolution, i'll post it here.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Danny Estes April 7, 2021

Very simple fix in the end. My user was missing the "Advanced Roadmaps User" permission.

I had made a bad assumption that there was a permission hierarchy, and if I had the "Advanced Roadmaps Administrator" permissions, I had all permissions. This is not true.

Since I'm administering, I added my jira-administrators group to all of the permissions (but standard users should just need the "Advanced Roadmaps User" permission), and the plans generate within seconds.Roadmap Permissions.png

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2021

Hi @Danny Estes,

Thanks for sharing that you've solved this problem, although this is still somewhat concerning to me. I would expect that a user that doesn't have permission to create a plan shouldn't be able to access the interface to create one!

I can understand your reasoning behind a permission hierarchy and I'd like to follow this up with the team as I'm wondering if we need to make some adjustments here!

Thanks,

Dave

Like # people like this
0 votes
Warde Wynter August 18, 2021

Hi...in the post about permissions above, please could you let me know where you set these permissions? i.e. what admin menu and option
Cheers and thanks
Warde

Danny Estes August 18, 2021

Hi @Warde Wynter

Sure thing. You can get there 2 different ways.

1) Plans tab at the top of any page -> Settings

Plans_Settings.png

2) Jira Settings (Cog in the top-right on any page) -> Products (under the Jira Settings section) -> Advanced Roadmaps permissions

Settings_Products.png

Like # people like this
Warde Wynter August 18, 2021

Thanks Danny... much appreciated...Cheers Warde

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events