Not seeing a checkbox default to Checked in a screen

Phil Bustin May 31, 2022

Attempting to follow the instructions below, I came up with the following configuration (seems like duplication to me), and when I select a transition that contains the field, the value Checked is not checked.

Instructions:

Context and default instructions.jpg

Field configurations:

Field configuration.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Masudur Rahman April 11, 2023

Looks like the checkbox field has to have at least one issue associated with it and then only checked works. So if you are stuck like me, then manually check the options and next time onward default checked option will be checked.

Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2023

This is an old post, and I believe my checkbox is working now.  Also, at the time, I didn't understand how Jira checkboxes work, and I've changed the options; instead of indicating what the checkbox is used for in the checkbox name and using options Checked and Unchecked, I generalized the name and added 7 options with direct names.

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

Hi @Phil Bustin , why are you using 2 different contexts?

The first one is global (all issue types, all projects)

The second one is restricted to the mentioned projects for all issue types

Default value and options are the same.

Do you have screenshot of your transition screen?

When you are viewing an issue, is the field displayed on your screen with value Checked?

What type is your field?

Phil Bustin May 31, 2022

Hi @Phil Bustin , why are you using 2 different contexts?  Because I couldn't understand the instructions.

The first one is global (all issue types, all projects)

The second one is restricted to the mentioned projects for all issue types  I'll delete it.

Default value and options are the same.  What do you mean?

Do you have screenshot of your transition screen?  Below

When you are viewing an issue, is the field displayed on your screen with value Checked?  No.

What type is your field?  Checkbox

Request BA Region Tasks transition screen.jpg

Phil Bustin June 1, 2022

As a better solution, or possibly a workaround, I set an automation for the previous transition to set the default value to Checked.  Now, when the next transition is selected, the default value = Checked.

Phil Bustin June 1, 2022

I will likely open a new question here, but in the transition in which the default checkbox value is Checked, when I click Unchecked, Checked remains checked.  That is not the behavior of a checkbox.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events