New interface notification issue

Rameez Wani June 24, 2020

when i click on notification icon it pop up the notification menu but its not showing the full contents , i have to scroll horizontally to read,or clear it

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2020

Hello Rameez,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Just for a better understanding of the issue, I would like to know the browser you are using. 

Did you test using another browser? 

Is this issue happening if you change the zoom?

Are you the only user facing this issue?

Regards,
Angélica

Rameez Wani June 28, 2020

@Angélica Luz  I am using latest Google Chrome browse version 83.0.4103.116 and also latest Mozilla Firefox browser version 77.0.1.

I am also attaching a screenshot for better understanding.

JIRA.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2020

Thank you for the screenshot, Rameez.

I'm using the same version for Firefox and Chrome, but I couldn't replicate the issue. 

Even changing the zoom to a small percentage or above 100%, it doesn't show the scroll. 

Are you using Jira on a laptop? Have you tested using a monitor or a computer?

Is it happening to other users?

Rameez Wani June 30, 2020

Yes its is happening to lot of people here.

i am using monitor 23 inch LED, so that should not be the case.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
July 1, 2020

Thank you for the details, Rameez.

Since many users are facing this issue, it could be something related to network, something blocking this feature from work correctly.

Can you please open the developer tools on your browser and check on the console if it shows any error while opening the notification panel?

Also, please ask your IT manager to whitelist our domains and IPs to make sure everything works as expected:

Rameez Wani July 1, 2020

@Angélica Luz  I already checked the console. However i got the issue recreated with a simple step.

See if you expand the left navigation button by simple pressing "[" key, and then click on notification icon,there you will see the issue.

Now if you collapse the left navigation menu also by pressing the "[" hey, and then click on notification icon you will see no issue now

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
July 2, 2020

Thank you for the details.

We tried to replicate the issue here following the same steps and we didn't face the issue.

Have you talked to your IT manager regarding the IPs and domains? 

If after whitelisting everything the issue is not resolved, please, ask your site administrator to raise a request on support.atlassian.com/contact, so the support team can access your site in order to try to replicate the issue and to check what may be causing this behavior.

Rameez Wani July 2, 2020

@Angélica Luz  What is it have to do with IT Team,

Can you send me an attached video where you followed the steps?

I can send as well but i really wanna see why is it difficult to get

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
July 3, 2020

No problem. I recorded a gif and followed the steps you mentioned:

Screen Recording 2020-07-03 at 10.23 AM.gif

If that's not the correct steps, feel free to share a video with us as well, because so far, we couldn't replicate.

Rameez Wani July 5, 2020

@Angélica LuzHi angelica, you have followed the exact steps, but please go through my attached video. Please even check the wide screen size.

mp4 format not supported here...wow, like seriously

Dario B
Atlassian Team
July 14, 2020

Hello @Rameez Wani ,

Allow me to step in since @Angélica Luz  is not available at the moment.

After reviewing this thread my understanding is the following:

• If the sidebar menu is expanded, then when opening the notification menu is cut and you have to scroll left and right in order to be able to read your notifications
  • You tested this on 2 different browsers, on the same computer
  • Other people in your same office are facing the same issue

Can you kindly confirm my understanding is correct? Can you also let me know if I forgot anything?

Also, please let me know the following things:

1. If you have tried in an incognito/private window (so, with all the browser extensions disabled)
  2. If you tried connecting from a different computer on a different network (do you still face the issue in that case?)
  3. If you use a proxy, a VPN or any Internet security tool 

Please let me know.

Cheers,
Dario

Rameez Wani July 14, 2020

@Dario B  Yes your understanding is correct and i have also captured the video but the atlassian community is not allowing .mp4 files otherwise i would have uploaded the video for better understanding.

Further i tried even using the incognito mode as well.

i also want to add a point here ,the gif which @Angélica Luz  uploaded, she is in Project tab, can you please check being in Filters tab, i think the problem is there

Dario B
Atlassian Team
July 17, 2020

Hello @Rameez Wani ,

I have tried in the filter tab (advanced search) but still the notification drop-down is not resized when expanding/collapsing the sidebar and everything works fine for me. 

Kindly answer also the last 2 questions in my previous reply in order to proceed:

1. If you have tried in an incognito/private window (so, with all the browser extensions disabled)
  2. If you tried connecting from a different computer on a different network (do you still face the issue in that case?)
  3. If you use a proxy, a VPN or any Internet security tool 

Have a nice weekend,

Dario

Rameez Wani July 19, 2020

@Dario B  yes i tried all

Dario B
Atlassian Team
July 21, 2020

@Rameez Wani  and what happened then?

Did it work on a different computer on a different network? 

Also, have you tried connecting without using any proxy or VPN? 

0 votes
SURIYAWONG PHONCHAI December 19, 2020

You can click to read all

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events