Need to know how many user logged in to the jira instance for a time period .

acc1211
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2021

Hi community ,

so there is a requirement where i need to inform the customer on how many user have logged in for time period (number or count) and submit a report for the same . I have tried using listener for this requirement but i am not able to understand the loginEvent listener . So can anyone help me in this regards 

Thanks .

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

Hey @acc1211 ,

there's actually a handy (and free!) app for that.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1223852/license-monitoring-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

It will only start counting after you install it so you won't have historical data.

acc1211
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2021

thanks for the immediate reply : ) . Will check it .

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

I wish this was for cloud too. 🙁

acc1211
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2021
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2021

Yep but not available in Standard plan.

acc1211
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 22, 2021

hey @Dirk Ronsmans 

Thank you for the quick reply . checked the add-on and it is working good . but the requirement is i need to submit the report for the previous two months . Is there anything apart from this that can provide me with my requirement 

Thanks in advance .

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2021

Not that i'm aware of.. there is an app (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220535/jira-user-export?hosting=server&tab=overview) that tells you how often a user has logged in and when the last time was but you can't really filter a range..

Maybe something in the database itself but not that I know of..

Suggest an answer