Need help to sum up and roll up a value of a custom field from User Story to Feature (Issue type)

Thulasiraman Nagarajan April 9, 2023

Hi Team,

I am trying to sum up and roll up a value of a custom field from all User stories to the same field in the issue type Feature.

I couldn't get it done from Automation rules. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks

Thulasiraman N.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2023

Hi @Thulasiraman Nagarajan and welcome to the community,

Can you be a bit more specific? Are you using e.g. advanced roadmaps? What is the rule you created? How are these stories connected to the feature?

Thulasiraman Nagarajan April 9, 2023

Hi, @Alex Koxaras _Relational_

There are many user story tickets are linked with Feature as child issues. I have a custom field (Ex: Custom Field A) created in both User Story and Feature. 

I have setup a rule to auto update the values of 'Custom Field A' in "User Story'.

However, I need the same field values to sum up from all linked User Stories and roll up that value to 'Custom Field A' in the Feature. 

CustomfieldA.JPG

Please assist me on this.

Thanks

Thulasiraman N

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

@Thulasiraman Nagarajan kindly define what "child" issues are:

• Are they subtasks or
  • Are they standard issue types linked with the link type "child of - parent of"? 
Thulasiraman Nagarajan April 10, 2023

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_  The tree is like Epic --> Feature --> User Story. Here, the User story is linked with Feature tickets and I want to roll up the values from User Story to Feature and from Feature to Epic.

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2023

Alright. So adding the branch "For parent" will not work, since "parent" refers to the task<->subtask relationship. Change this to "related issues"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events