Need a toggle to disable markdown when writing comments

Mike Ely April 28, 2023

I know one can use {code} when desired, but I am far more often needing to paste shell output, code, etc in than I am to need markdown features. What I'm hoping for, honestly what I really want, is functionality in Jira equivalent to the "Compose message in HTML format" toggle on email clients. "Turn off markdown in all my comments until further notice."

Doesn't mean I don't want to see markdown in other comments, just want to reverse the default to not use markdown.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2023

Hi @Mike Ely 

You can try to change the default renderer for the comment field, via the field configuration. This will cause all comments to be simple text. Other than that, there isn't any other functionality that I'm aware of.

Mike Ely April 30, 2023

Bummer. Having a toggle sure would be nice.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2023

@Mike Ely you can create a new suggestion for this here https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/?filter=98153, and then vote and watch it. Share it here for anyone to find.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events