Missing permission to log in.

Suresh June 18, 2021

I created a new user through my admin account and the user everytime upon loggin in is seeing this message:

"You do not have a permission to log in. If you think this is incorrect, please contact your JIRA administrators."

Please advice how the appropriate permissions can be assigned.

Please reach out regarding this to shikhar@bestexresearch.com and not suresh@bestexresearch.com

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

Did you give the user account access to the site and application? You must grant the user access to the site and application or they will not be able to login.

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 2.27.17 PM.png

Suresh June 28, 2021

Where can I go to give user the access?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

Select the gear icon in the upper right near your avatar, then select User Management.

Search for the user in the next screen. When you find them, click on them. 

You would then get a screen similar to the image that shows the products you are using and lets you select which ones the user will be allowed to access.

If you don't get those screens if would be because you don't have sufficient administrative permissions.

Like Long Trần likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events