Migration failed with IllegalArgumentException: Desired workflow required for workflowscheme

Preethi Srikakula February 12, 2021

Hello all,

I am migrating the project from jira server to cloud using Migration assistance app .

I am migrating this project for first time . Post migration report says all the issues under this project has not migrated but the error log say below statement which is the reason for failed migration.

ERROR XYZ project-import We couldn't import Workflow Scheme 'XYZ: Software Simplified Workflow Scheme'. Reason: IllegalArgumentException: Desired workflow required for workflowscheme XYZ: Software Simplified Workflow Scheme not present in cloud. Please check your cloud site or contact support. This caused  X other items to fail.

I can see in cloud site the Issuetypes, issue type Schema, Screens , Screen schema , Field Configuration has been migrated . But the Workflows , Workflow schema and all the issues and project did not get migrated

1 answer

0 votes
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2021

Hello there,

Good day. Hope you are doing good. 

This error looks like a configuration drift, Can you confirm if there was any previous attempt made to Migration on the same cloud site and any modification such as editing or deleting of the workflow Occur?

- Sri Kumar

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events