Migrating different type of projects

AL Dede June 3, 2021

As the roadmap feature is not available in the older project type, what would be the best way to migrate older type projects to the new type project? 

2 answers

0 votes
AL Dede June 4, 2021

@Prince Nyeche Thanks for the answer. I am aware where the roadmap feature is, my question is for existing old projects, this feature is not active. 

The reason is roadmap feature is only available for new project type by JIRA. 

Then again my question is what is the best way to migrate the board so we can have the roadmap feature?

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2021

Hi @AL Dede 

The image I showed is a project I've had since 2019 and such feature is available for it now (scrum or kanban). So I'm not sure why you say "this feature is not active". Given that they are software projects and you have access to the board configuration, you can enable it. If they are not software projects then most likely you won't have such features.

To answer your other question, migration involves importing some set of issues into a new project (it could be done via same instance or cross instance - the latter being more tedious). You can always use the CSV importer if it's cross instance migration. However, the roadmap feature just requires epic issue types as long as you have that with a configured board (filters), you should be able to render the issues on the roadmap.

Like AL Dede likes this
0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2021

Hi @AL Dede 

The roadmap feature is available on company-managed project if that's what you're asking, you can see that from your board settings to enable it.

roadmap.png

AL Dede June 7, 2021

Screenshot 2021-06-07 111021.pngAs seen here I dont have the option for a software project. I am not sure how you have the option although it is an old project. Maybe new project structure is not that new :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events