Migrating custom fields from Next Gen to Classic

yuliia.soury July 20, 2021

Hello!

I will be migrating from Next Gen project to Classic and I have few custom fields made for my issues. I tried to make a trial migration and it seems like these custom fields do not migrate to Classic project (I made the same fields in Classic to match the New Gen ones). 

Can export the issues from Next Gen and then just bulk update them in Classic? Or maybe there is another way to migrate custom fields?

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

You could export your issues from the Team Managed project and import them to the Company Managed project, mapping the exported custom field data to the custom fields you created in the Company Managed project, but you would not get the issue history that way. 

There is not a native way to migrate issues between a Team Managed and Company Managed project that automatically copies data between custom fields and also brings all issue history, comments, and attachments along.

yuliia.soury August 24, 2021

Thank you! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events