Magic estimations query does not reflect the priority of the backlog

Maia Reshef December 3, 2022

Hi, 

How can I reflect in the query for the poker so the same order shows as is in the backlog? I query for issues with sprint is empty.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2022

Hi @Maia Reshef ,

issue in backlog should be ordered by RANK field. Try to add "order by Rank" to your jql.

Hope this helps,

Fabio 

Maia Reshef December 4, 2022

Thank you @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ , we currently order manually the backlog. I will discuss with product to add rank field :-)

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2022

Hi @Maia Reshef ,

rank field is used to reflect your manual changes on the order ;)

Thanks for clarifying :-)

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2022

please let me know if it solved your question

Yes it did! I added 'order by rank' to the query :-)

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2022

I'm happy for that. Please mark my answer as accepted ;)

0 votes
bravehoney January 5, 2024

If magic estimation queries do not reflect the backlog priorities, consider ensuring a clear backlog prioritization process and effective communication within the team. Review the estimation process for any gaps, incomplete information, or the need for additional context. Encourage reassessment of estimates if discrepancies arise, and establish a continuous improvement feedback loop for the estimation process. Regularly prioritize backlog items based on business value or urgency, and conduct retrospectives to refine the overall estimation approach. learning magics

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events