MS Teams Jira Cloud Connector Access Denied Error

smorin March 26, 2020

I would like to allow non-Jira users to view Jira issues via a MS Teams channel.  I have added the tabs and can view the issues.  However, other channel users get Access Denied error.  Is it possible to what I am asking?

1 answer

0 votes
Luki March 26, 2020

Hi @smorin 

We are/were using in our company the Jira Cloud connector with MS Teams quite a lot. I know what you are trying to do but this is not possible so far. This can only be reached maybe if the Jira Project is exposed to the internet i think. So everybody on the planet can see everything.

Now we went away from Connecting Jira over the Jira connector to MS Teams, as the Jira connector is very limited, and additional colums saved in filters are not displayed. Additionaly we added a website to our MS teams channel, which redirects a user directly to our Cloud instance, without leaving Teams. Small drawback: they need a user for this. Maybe a generic user would work for you?

Another solution is, that we use the REST-API of Jira and show them on a separate website which is reachable within our company.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events