MIssing group in Global Permissions > Grant Permission

Ted Stepanoff November 17, 2020

I added a new group and added users.  I wanted to give the group permission to "Browse users and groups" but when I go to the bottom of the page and try and select the group it doesnt show up in the list.  How do I make it show up in the list?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

Hi @Ted Stepanoff ,

Your search is case sensitive. So could ypu check if you can still see the group where you created it (in Admin / Groups). And when you search for it in the groups box of global permissions, make sure to use the same case.

Hope this helps. I know I've head a couple of headaches because of it sometimes.

It is not a search, it is a drop-down at the bottom of the page.  I can find it in searching for it in other locations and that is not an issue.

Thanks.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

Hi @Ted Stepanoff, yes it is. I know. And you can type in it:

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 17.19.14.png 

@Walter BuggenhoutThat did it!  I did not know you can do that! 

Thank you!

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2020

Notice the difference:

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 17.21.03.png

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 17.21.14.png

Andy Roth June 28, 2023

Case sensitive!  Thanks for pointing that out. It was driving me crazy!

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2020

Hi Ted,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

In case you actually created a group (but not mistakenly a 'role') and you have no typo in its name then the group should be absolutetely selectable.

Have you tried to log out and log in just for the case the group was added recently and the cloud haven't had "time to catch up"?

In this this all does not help could you explain a bit further which steps you took to create the group?

Cheers,
Daniel

It is a group and it is not showing up.

I went into the Administration > Groups > Add Group button. 

This has been set up for a week now.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2020

The only advise for the moment I have right here would be to delete the group, re-create it (and trying to avoid special characters).

In case this does not help maybe adding a screenshot can help for other members of the Community to understand what might have happened and to advise further.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events