Log time modal pop up when moving task between columns

Agnieszka Piórko-Synowiec September 16, 2022

Hi, my team and I are looking for improvements in the Jira time log functionality.

We don't want any automatic time logging tool just...

We'd like a modal that allows logging time after a transition from one column to another (e.g., in progress -> code review). I checked post functions for transition but didn't find anything helpful.

Please let me know if you know of any Jira solution or maybe if there is any plugin that allows us to use Jira build time tracker the way described.

Thanks in advance! 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

Hi @Agnieszka Piórko-Synowiec yes, it is doable. You just need to prepare new Screen with Log Work field. THan you need to configure your transition to display transition screen = your new screen.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/map-a-screen-to-a-workflow-transition-in-jira-720634253.html

Agnieszka Piórko-Synowiec September 19, 2022

Works! Thanks a lot.

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

You're welcome :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events