Kanplan: Filter out Done issues in Backlog view (team managed)

Yaron Shragai June 6, 2022

Hi,

I have a team-managed project configured as a Kanplan project.

As issues are ready to go I move them up from the Backlog to the Board.

As issues in the Board section progress through the workflow and reach Done, the Board section becomes increasingly cluttered with Done issues.

What is the solution to this? Is there a way to filter out the Done issues in the Backlog view? I suppose one can move them back from the Board section to the Backlog section - but then you still deal with clutter (just in the Backlog section), and also, if an issue is Done it shouldn't be in the Backlog...

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

The Team Managed Kanban board should be automatically hiding done issues when they have not been updated for 2 weeks. This would apply only to the issues in the column farthest to the right on your board. Are the issues cluttering your board and backlog both in the right-most column and have not been updated for at least 2 weeks?

It is not possible to configure that setting. However you could add a Custom filter to "hide" issues.

Click on the ... button in the upper right corner and select "Manage custom filters".

You can then create a custom filter similar to this:

resolutionDate is not empty and resolutiondate < -2w

You can change the "-2w" value to hide issues that have a resolution date that is closer to the current date, as it suits you.

Yaron Shragai June 9, 2022

Thanks, it looks like the Done issues that have not been updated for >2 weeks are in fact being hidden in the Backlog as well as the board.

Like Chris likes this

Suggest an answer