Jira workflow is not effecting to the current sprint task

Tehmina Aslam August 24, 2022

Hi,

I have just updated my workflow within the workflow schema I have published it either. I want to consider issue type as done in states "Ready for QA" and "Close". But even after updating the workflow, the Jira active sprint dashboard is not yet updated velocity in insight. 

I have attached screenshots, there are almost 38 story points ready for QA but the velocity is showing 7% as 4.5 story points are in Close. As per my workflow, it should count the story points as ready for QA as Done.

Advice,

Thanks in advance

2022-08-24_17h23_27.png2022-08-24_17h24_20.png

2022-08-24_17h16_24.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

Hi Tehmina,

If the status is not in the very last column (far right) the system will not consider it completed. The Ready for QA status is not in that last column, therefore, that is why the points are not counted. 

Tehmina Aslam August 25, 2022

@John Funk Thanks understood, but this is wrong when I have updated it in workflow, Ready for QA should be considered as the done status. The column should be considered as a view. User wanted to see tickets in different view. It should be corrected.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events