Jira unable to detect new branch creation?

Divyanshu Verma June 8, 2021

I've been using Jira for a month now and it's been working flawlessly. However a few hours back i'm having problems. I've setup automation rules that trigger on branch creation and change transition of the issue to "In-progress". It has stopped working all of a sudden i cannot see the branch icon on my issue and there's nothing wrong with the naming convention. My older issues which are "In-progress" and "done" are showing up fine with their respective branched and commit history. But new issues are not wroking. Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Edit:  i am able to achieve this by manually syncing the repos from Github app configurations, however that won't trigger any automations.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2021

Hi @Divyanshu Verma  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There was a problem earlier today with all automation rule execution being delayed, and it appears they have resolved it now: https://status.automationforjira.com/

Are you still seeing the problem/symptom of the rules not firing?

Best regards,

Bill

Divyanshu Verma June 8, 2021

Hey @Bill Sheboy

Thanks for the info, everything is working out just fine now :)

just out of curiosity, did this issue had anything to do with Fastly Internet outage?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2021

Sorry, I'm just a customer so I don't know that stuff.  :^)

The support site says a fix has been implemented and that they are investigating the cause.  I have not seen the root causes listed on the page often.

Like # people like this
Divyanshu Verma June 11, 2021

No Worries :) Thanks for your inputs.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer