Jira software free version

Ilyas Mohamed May 14, 2023

I have signed up Jira software free version and its says free 90days but according to information Jira software can be used free for 10 users for forever. This is misleading, so how long can we use Jira software for free

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2023

Hi @Ilyas Mohamed, welcome to the community!

First things first: you can use Jira free of charge if you stay within the user limit. What I can imagine from the multiple last times that I spun up a new instance is that the subscription started with a free trial of the standard plan, and at the end of the trial period, it will automatically convert to the free plan. 90 days sound unusually long. For me, it always was seven days. But anyway, I guess you did not provide any billing information (credit card, etc.) for the new cloud site, so nothing can happen anyway. Have fun using the tools! :) 

Best, Max

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2023

90 days is for a (free) trial with any number of users.  Free unlimited time is for up to 10 users.

Ilyas Mohamed May 14, 2023

When I try to add a user, It says only paid version can. pls give me a link how to add free user and my 2dn Q is will my epics remains if I have only 10 user.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2023

You do not add users as "free", it's the system that is free when you have under 10 active users.

Siva Vemula October 11, 2023

how may days I can user free version and standard trail version as free, without payment . On my board its showing 7days left for standard version 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events