Jira not allowing me to create epic under Roadmap

Scrum Master October 14, 2020

Hi Team,

I am not able to create an epic under roadmap. It says " your issue is created but not visible because it does not match your board filter".

Please support at the earliest.

Thank you

JovieTrouble in configuring Epics on Roadmap.png

2 answers

0 votes
Summer Rae June 1, 2022

I'm running into a similar issue. Was there any resolution for this? 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2020

Hi JA - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You need to check the filter associated with the plan/board you are using. It might be that it was created against a different project or is using different components or something like that. 

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. Could you please guide me how to check those filter and get to know its created for different project or not.

Thanks

Jovie

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2020

Click on the gear icon for Settings on the Plan.

Then choose Issue Sources. There it will show you which boards are being used in the Plan. 

Then check the board filter for each of those boards. 

Hi John,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I am pretty new to this platform. Some sort of screen shot would works for me. Please support.

Thank you

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2020

Click on the gear icon in the first screenshot and select Configure

screenshot.png

Then select Issue Sources. The first top will show the Boards. 

screenshot2.png

Then you can go to the list of boards, search for the board, and then go to Board Settings to see the filter used. 

https://YourDomain.atlassian.net/jira/boards

Scrum Master October 15, 2020

Hi John,

I have tried in all possible ways but not working so far. I am stuck in this initiation of the project. No idea what to do. If somebody could support me like teamviewer or any desk application and sort my issue would be much appreciable.

Thank you

Jovie

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2020

Sorry to hear that.  :-(

It's probably best to go ahead and create a support ticket with Atlassian. Please post back here what the solution was so we can close out this post.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events