Jira Project restrictions

Diego Grisales July 7, 2021

Hello!!

Im looking to restrict access to a project in Jira, but not just to specific users, but also Jira admins.  We are trying to see if we can create a project for our HR department that is a bit more secure than just limiting it to a group.  We want to make sure that even someone with higher access is also restricted.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Diego

4 answers

3 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Hi @Diego Grisales,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

In order to limit what admins see you are looking at setting up Issue security, that way you can control who should be able to view an issue within the project.

I have a HR JSM project set up that way because we have onboarding/off-boarding requests in that that people outside of HR needs access to, but they should not have access to requests that are more sensitive and that only HR should be able to see.

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Remember that your Jira admins will always be able to give themselves access to a "secured" project.  You are going to have to trust your admins on this, no matter what.

Thanks for the reply!  Yeah, I realize that.  But we'll use the audit for accountability.

0 votes
Answer accepted
usuario1JiraTutoriales August 4, 2021

Hola Diego. En este vídeo se muestra cómo hacerlo. Incluso un administrador de Jira no podrá ver el contenido del proyecto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsAAOPgqlaM 

Diego Grisales August 5, 2021

Amigo, muchas gracias!  Ese video me ayudo mucho.  

Gracias!

Like usuario1JiraTutoriales likes this
1 vote
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2021

Hi @Diego Grisales welcome to the Atlassian community.

Please be noted, A Jira admin is the starting point for setting up Jira instance along with project permission scheme. In this scenario, I'm not sure, if he himself can be removed from "Administer Projects" scheme.

If you are a Jira admin, please follow these steps on a test environment.

Login as a Jira admin>> Navigate to project settings >>Click on Permissions (left menu)>> if you are an admin, then you can see "actions with cog icon" >> Select edit permission>> you will now see a page with different permission schemes to edit, remove>> Please try to test with the listed drop down as per your requirements.

Screenshots inline if that helps:

1.png

2.png

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Going to try this out. Thank you!!

Suggest an answer