Jira Automation - When custom field dropdown changes, update story points - Not triggering automatio

Kelly Scott December 7, 2021

I have created a very basic automation so that when a custom field of "Size" is changed, then the story points would be automatically set on the issue.  I've tried it in a bunch of different ways but each time the automation is not triggered.  There isn't an automation error or any kind of feedback.  Seems like I am missing something basic and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

2021-12-07_16-44-33.png

2021-12-07_16-33-06.png

Here I am changing the size of the issue an expecting the automation to update the Story Points but it doesn't.

2021-12-07_16-35-51.png

Thanks!  -K

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

@Bill Sheboy , looks like Automation for Jira may be currently down.  I'll wait until it says it is running again and retry.

2021-12-07_17-11-28.png

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2021

Hi @Kelly Scott 

When you review your audit log is the rule triggering?  If so, please post an image of the log to give the community some context to offer ideas.

If your rule is not triggering, the rule isn't seeing the field change.  Instead try the generic "issue updated" trigger, and then test for the changelog for a change in the value of your custom field before proceeding.

Kind regards,
Bill

Hey @Bill Sheboy ,

Thanks for the reply.  The rule is not triggering.  I created this new one to trigger whenever an issue is updated.  But when I update an issue (editing the custom field or just manually updating the story points), this is still not triggered.  Any ideas?

2021-12-07_17-04-29.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events