JQL: Include Issue for Specific Link Type Column in View/Extract

Werner Schott December 6, 2021

In Advanced issue search, I want to display a column that shows the linked issue for only a particular type of link (executed by). In 'columns' I include 'Linked Issue', which in the extract produces 'Outward issue link (Blocks)' and 'Outward issue link (Relates)', but not the issue type I need. Please have a look at the images attached. If you don't know the answer, please don't 'try' as I've read all kinds of answers on this forum that were posted by people who either didn't understand the question, Jira, or JQL. Thanks.

Columns.pngExtract.pngJQL.png

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

When exporting the search results you should be ending up with "Outward Issue Link" columns for every type of link used in any one of the issues in your search results, including the Outward Issue Link that goes with the "executed by" link.

If the search result issue have no other types of issue links, then only the Outward Issue Link column for the "executed by" link should be in your exported data.

You cannot constrain the output to show only a specific Outward Issue Link column if any of the search result issue include another type of issue link

Do any of the issues in your results include links to issues for Blocks or Relates, in addition to "executed by"? I would guess that such issues must be in your results set. 

Note also that your JQL does not constrain the results to issues that have only the "executed by" link and no other types of links.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events