JMWE Linked Issues Status Condition not working for specific issue types

Derek Knudsen April 28, 2023

I am trying to configure a workflow transition condition for an Epic where a custom issue type of Test Plan must be Done or Resolved before the Epic can be transitioned.  I model in the JMWE UI fine:

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 8.03.50 AM.png

But when I save and go back to the Condition screen it shows the following:

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 8.05.00 AM.png

and when I go back in to edit the condition it shows Issue Type of "Any" versus just the type I wanted (Test Plan). 

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 8.07.37 AM.png

What am I doing wrong?  I tried it with Stories as well to see if it was the custom type but it doesn't work for any type.  How can I get the condition to just evaluate for one issue type?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Evn Tomeny _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 28, 2023

@Derek Knudsen This isn't a great answer, but I did take a moment to test out your use case and I was able to replicate the issue. So it appears to be a bug. I also tested the identical Validator, and the same issue occurs there.

At this point, I'd recommend navigating to http://appf.re/support or emailing support@appfire.com to submit a support request.

Best of luck!
-Evn

Derek Knudsen April 28, 2023

Any answer is better than no answer so thanks Evn!  I will go there now.  Will leave this open for a bit to see if there is some documented behavior that I just can't find i.e. this is working as expected for some reason.

Derek Knudsen May 8, 2023

I logged a defect with AppFire and they confirmed that it is a defect in their product.  Once resolved I will post back here so people know it has been addressed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events