Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root


1 badge earned


Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!


Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.


Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!


Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members
Community Events
Community Groups

JMWE Linked Issues Status Condition not working for specific issue types

I am trying to configure a workflow transition condition for an Epic where a custom issue type of Test Plan must be Done or Resolved before the Epic can be transitioned.  I model in the JMWE UI fine:

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 8.03.50 AM.png

But when I save and go back to the Condition screen it shows the following:

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 8.05.00 AM.png

and when I go back in to edit the condition it shows Issue Type of "Any" versus just the type I wanted (Test Plan). 

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 8.07.37 AM.png

What am I doing wrong?  I tried it with Stories as well to see if it was the custom type but it doesn't work for any type.  How can I get the condition to just evaluate for one issue type?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Evn Tomeny (Appfire)
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
Apr 28, 2023

@Derek Knudsen This isn't a great answer, but I did take a moment to test out your use case and I was able to replicate the issue. So it appears to be a bug. I also tested the identical Validator, and the same issue occurs there.

At this point, I'd recommend navigating to or emailing to submit a support request.

Best of luck!

Any answer is better than no answer so thanks Evn!  I will go there now.  Will leave this open for a bit to see if there is some documented behavior that I just can't find i.e. this is working as expected for some reason.

I logged a defect with AppFire and they confirmed that it is a defect in their product.  Once resolved I will post back here so people know it has been addressed.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Site Admin
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events