Issues with resolution but not finished

varayavaldes August 11, 2020

Hi,
I have a big problem. I have a workflow with two state finish, both write the field resolution with the option Done.
But, when I finish the sprint and open a new sprint, the issues are not resolved. They are strikethrough, the field Resolution said Done, but, Jira says that not finished.

The issues are not subtasks and I don't know how to correctly set to status done. If I take them out of the sprint, they stay in the backlog, so, this is not an option.
Now, what can I do to fix these issues? I need to finish this.

Help me, please!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2020

For an issue to be "done", it must be in a status that is in the last column of the board (as do its sub-tasks).

If an issue is not in the last column when you end the sprint, it will move into the next sprint, as it is not done.

varayavaldes August 11, 2020

Thanks a lot !!! It's working.

annette mattox November 16, 2020

Can I assign a resolution value before an issue is "done"?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

You can give an issue a resolution before it is done, but you'll make it confusing for your users to have resolved but not done issues.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events