Issues aren't assigned based on component lead

Javanshir Mustafayev March 19, 2024

I've created several components in my project and assigned leaders for each. Set to automatically assign the component lead to newly created tickets.

But it doesn't work. I'm selecting a component and it remains unassigned after the issue is created.

1 answer

0 votes
Harsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2024

Hi @Javanshir Mustafayev 

Welcome to the community.

Have you used the automation for this? 
If not, then you can use automation for the same, if there are not many components.

Hope this helps.

Javanshir Mustafayev March 21, 2024

Why automation should be used when the UI clearly states that the component lead will be the default assignee?

I can use automation but why does then this UI exist and offer the functionality that doesn't work?

Harsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2024

Hi @Javanshir Mustafayev 

I tested in my environment and it works as expected. 
Could you please attach screenshot so to understand what exactly the issue is?

Thank you

Javanshir Mustafayev March 24, 2024

Not sure if you will understand the Russian screenshot, but here you are:

SCR-20240324-qmpl.pngSCR-20240324-qmse.png

Harsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2024

Hi @Javanshir Mustafayev 

Looks like it is correct, but not sure why it is not auto assignee.

The only reason I can now think is the permission scheme of the project - Assignable User. 
Can you check that. 

Thank you

Javanshir Mustafayev March 28, 2024

Dunno how, but it started to work. Thread closed, thanks

Harsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2024

That is weird. But good to know that it worked.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events