Issues are not visible

I made some changes to my filters (I think) to allow a project to be viewed only by a manager for his personal user. 

But for some reason, all my other boards are missing their issues and tasks which is an annoyance. 

How do I go about restoring this while keeping the filter open for the manager? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 votes

It sounds like you've locked down filters that were in use on the other boards.  You'll need to make them visible again.

For the manager, create new private unshared filters.

It is possible that the filter was being used by several boards to populate data. I would recommend that you rollback the change to restore the missing issues.

Then, for applying restrictions you apply issue level security to restrict confidential issues only to your manager.

See this linkon how to set up issue level security

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-issue-level-security-185729623.html

Pilar

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,123 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot