Issue Type Story as Default / Showing Task

Jeff Murray March 28, 2024

Hello -

In the issue type schemes, I made Story as the default for the projects. However, when I select create, task populates instead of story. 

Suggestions to correct.

Thanks,

Jeff

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

Hi @Jeff Murray,

There's not much you can do to correct this. Somewhat misleadingly - the default issue type in a scheme is selected only the first time a user creates a new issue in a project. After that, Jira remembers the last chosen issue type by that user - which in many cases turns out to be a good choice, although not the default from the issue type scheme.

Hope this helps! 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

You can also see a comment on how this functionality works here, in a previous reported Bug.

Ste

Jeff Murray April 1, 2024

Hi Stephen -

Is there a link to the comment?

Thanks,

Jeff

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024
0 votes
Jeff Murray March 28, 2024

Hello Walter -

Thanks for the response. Appears to be a minor bug. As time allows, I'll check to see if a ticket has been created or will do so. 

Regards,

Jeff

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events