Is there way to integrate the calender number I input on the internal notes with Google calender?

Prakhar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 14, 2023

Hi, 

Is there a way or could this be introduced in the near future wherein I am able to integrate the dates I input in the internal notes to show up as events/tasks in my Google calendar or any other calendar if possible?

To offer more context if I have attached a screenshot that would better explain my point. 

I would love it if this could be made possible.

Many thanks!Atlassian.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2023

Hi @prakhar Tiwari 

Interesting question. I understand what you are trying to do here, this can be done by parsing the comments body for date and doing some automation but this approach is a bit fragile. Basically you want someone to take some action by a particular date. It would be better to just create a sub-task with due date some linked issues with some date fields.

Using automation rules or Google app script you can definitely create calendar entries.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Prakhar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 19, 2023

Thanks, @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ this is definitely helpful, just wanted to enquire if there can be a more straight forward way to link the dates/ticket to Google calender. 

I haven't yet tried the due date option so not sure if it would give me or others notifications? If it does then that's wonderful!

WIll try out the above. Again, thanks for the suggestion. 

Warm regards,
Prakhar

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events