Is there a way to move fields from a sub-task to the parent when the sub-task is closed?

Holly C. Langley November 8, 2020

I have a sub-task that needs to have information from its fields transferred to fields on the parent. 

I saw that I  can move items from the parent to the sub-task, but not the other way.  Thoughts?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2020

You can’t move “fields” from take to task. However, you can copy the “values” from an issue field to another issue field. I recommend you look at Automation. When issue transitions to closed, condition - issue type is sub-task, action copy field to parent. 

Holly C. Langley November 9, 2020

I did look at Automation - allows copy from Parent to Sub-Task, but not from Sub-Task to Parent, unless I'm missing something?

ToSubTask.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2020

should be possible. Maybe the following would help? you will have to adjust for your specific situation w/ appropriate sub-task conditions.

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 12.44.57.png

Holly C. Langley November 10, 2020

I will try this...am being sidetracked by other duties.  Thank you!

Holly C. Langley November 16, 2020

Still need to do some testing, but it seems to have worked.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events