Is there a way to have mutiple types of impediments in jira cloud.

Patrik December 7, 2017

I changed the custom field flagged by adding "Waiting for information" and "Broken master" as options but it does not get reflected when i try to flag a issue. The is is still only flagged as Impediment, no options. Is there a way for me to set the flag to something more specific? 

I read on the internet that this is the way i should do it.. but maybe the internet got it wrong ;)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2017

@Patrik, thanks for jogging my memory that I wanted to investigate this very thing. I have been meaning to look into flagging as I can see it would be useful.

So it sounds like you have already gone in and Configured the Flagged field, correct? Once you do that if you expose the Flagged field on your view issue screen then you should see something like below. Note if you want to use the board to set the flag value then add Flagged field to the detail view under Board settings.

flagging.png

Patrik December 11, 2017

Thank you. That guided me to the solution of the greater part of my problem. I hade to make it visible in the edit view something i missed.

I still have problem with the "add flag" modal is there anyway to configure it to contain the Flagged field?

2017-12-11-160415_1216x806_scrot.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2017

@Patrik, how are you invoking the screen above?

Patrik December 11, 2017

Right clicking the issue then add flag.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2017

looks like you can't select when simply right-clicking a card on the board. I recommend using the detail view or edit options as they both allow selection.

Patrik December 11, 2017

Thank you again.

Suggest an answer