Is there a reason why formatting in the Create Issue view doesn't carry over to the Issue View?

vildana_ermaya January 20, 2021

Formatting in the Create Issue view (like bullet points, colors, etc) doesn't carry over when the issue is created in the Issue view. This causes for a lot of rework to re-edit everything.

Is this a known bug? Are others experiencing this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2021

Hi @vildana_ermaya 

Would you please post some screen images of what you are describing?  That will help the community provide more relevant input to you.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

vildana_ermaya January 27, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

Here's just one example:

In the create issue view 

2021-01-27_16-28-57.jpg

Once created, here's what the issue view looks like (notice the text didn't get italicized) in other cases bold doesn't get carried over and just the * show in the issue view 

2021-01-27_16-29-34.jpg

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2021

Hi @vildana_ermaya 

Thanks for the additional information.  I just tried to reproduce the issue, using your same examples in both Classic and NextGen projects, and with the old and new issue views...And it worked correctly for me.

It appears from your screen image that you have some add-ons, so perhaps one of them has modified the field editor functions.  You could try to disable the add-on and see if the problem goes away.  If so, please consider contacting the vendor about the issue.

If the add-ons seem unrelated, I suggest submitting a support ticket with Atlassian.  You should be able to do that as the site admin for your account.  Here is the link:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Once you learn more from the respective support team, please post back here so others can learn what is occurring. 

Thanks!

vildana_ermaya January 28, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy

Not sure what add-on could be causing the issue but I'll open a ticket with Atlassian and post out what their resolution is and what's causing this for the community! Thanks!!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events