Is there a possibility to set notifications when the release due date is gone?

Polina Kolotova December 3, 2021

We need to get notifications (in slack or e-mail) when the ticket due date is gone. Because we usually forget to add comments, when release is delayed

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2021
Polina Kolotova December 3, 2021

Thank you very much! I set email notifications. And is there an opportunity to get slack notifications like this?

Ha Nguyen Ngoc April 27, 2022

Hi @Polina Kolotova

Have you set up the Slack notification for due date task successfully? I want to learn from that. Can you share more? 

Thanks. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2021

Hi @Polina Kolotova ,

For Slack notifications, you can model an Automation rule by following the instructions in Morning Slack digest of Open Jira issues . The article shows you how to send Direct Messages - it's even easier if you just want to send the notification to a single Slack channel. Swap out the JQL for the filter you've got set up already for the email subscription and you'll be good to go.

Cheers,
Daniel

Polina Kolotova December 17, 2021

Thank you! Do you know, can I use "Slack Integration+ for Jira" for notifications about past due date releases?

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2021

Hi @Polina Kolotova ,

Slack Integration+ for Jira is offered by Nextup.ai - while I'm quite familiar with the native/built-in integration between Jira Cloud and Slack, unfortunately I'm not well-versed in the specific features of Nextup.ai's app. Here's a couple links that might help though:

Cheers,
Daniel

1 vote
Emel Doğrusöz December 1, 2023

@Polina Kolotova  - do you still need help with this? I'd recommend using Actioner's Jira app for such notifications: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1230509/jira-for-slack-by-actioner?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

https://actioner.com/app-directory/jira-software-22

Let me know if you need any help. 

Cheers, 

Emel @ Actioner

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events