Is it possible to show multiple time segments for the same epic on one row of the Roadmap?

steven_berkowitz June 25, 2021

Is it possible to show multiple time segments for the same epic on one row of the Roadmap?

On my project - we have a number of epics where feedback we get, which leads to additional stories, comes to us two or three sprints after the epic is deemed complete.

It would be nice to be able to show a new time segment for the additional work now associated with that Epic.

If that is not possible (It doesn't appear to be), then I'm thinking we need to create a new Epic for the additional items so that those will display on the Roadmap. Otherwise, the Roadmap is not reflecting the additional work being done. 

Another alternative would be to expand the one time segment across multiple sprints but that also paints a false picture. 

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2021

Hello @steven_berkowitz,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On the Roadmap, the date range is based on the system fields Start date and Due date and it’s possible to add one date for each field.

Also, currently, it’s not possible to show the date range for child issues. There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and also watch the ticket above to receive updates from our product team.

For more information about what is currently available on the roadmap, please, check the documentation below:

Kind regards,
Angélica

steven_berkowitz June 28, 2021

Hi Angelica, 

What I am asking is; for one Epic - can there be multiple start and stop dates as opposed to one long segment? This would be for when there is a multi-sprint epic and the work starts and stops multiple times?

It sounds like the answer is no, and the workaround is to create multiple Epics like "Login Phase 1" and "Login Phase II" if we desire to show the different timeframes. I understand the current limitation around showing child issues. 

Please confirm. 

Thanks

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2021

Hi Steven,

Thank you for the details.

It’s not possible to do that. The date range can have only one start and stop date since it’s based on the system fields Start date and Due date and those fields accept only one date at a time. 

Adding other Dates’ custom fields won’t reflect on the date range.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events