Is it possible to have private team and projects?

Eva Kwong February 18, 2021

Hi All,

Is it possible to setup two separate team (Say Team A and Team B) where Team A and B don't see each other's project? I have been trying different ways but unable to find a solution. 

Thanks

Evan

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2021

Hi @Eva Kwong

I can see Carlos gave already some great and correct tips - judging from your information provided in Community you are on "Free" plan which is restricted as of permissions, roles and also issue-level security.

You can compare your status quo with the documentation here:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/what-is-the-free-jira-cloud-plan/

Therefore it might be you are running into some limitations which are hard to work around - depending on how important your requirement is to your team it might make sense to upgrade to a higher plan, f.e. Standard plan which comes with the features Carlos described.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Hi Evan,

Welcome to the community!

Please correct me in case I've misunderstood your request, but it seems that you want to create 2 projects, one for each team, and each team can't see the other project, right?

In case my assumption is correct, I strongly recommend following the documentation below that contains step by step how to configure your Jira Cloud instance to achieve what you are looking for:

Please give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Carlos

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events