Is it possible to add a template with some questions during issue creation?

Elif Alverson April 21, 2023

Hello, 

I would like to add a pop-up template with questions during issue creation? Is that possible? If not, is there any other way to accomplish this? Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

You can add the questions as new fields on the issue and the fields will display in the Create Issue dialog.

Are you working with a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project? In a Team Managed project you could add the questions to the Description field as pre-populated text that will display when a user is creating a new issue. You can't do quite the same thing in a Company Managed project but there is a workaround described here.

Elif Alverson April 21, 2023

@Trudy Claspill , thank you for your response. I am working with a Company Managed project. And all I can think is to create custom fields for the questions and add them into the create screen as you mentioned. Thank you.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

You asked about creating a pop-up to ask the questions.

What is the process flow around that? How would the answers be used? Why would you want a pop-up instead of using custom fields in the issue? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events