Is capacity planning available only with Advanced Roadmaps, or can you use it in JIRA cloud version?

Michelle Shableski August 11, 2022

We are interested in planning team members' capacity for a sprint.  Is this only available with Advanced Roadmaps?

3 answers

1 vote
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

Hi, @Michelle Shableski. To second what @Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_ said, upgrading to Jira Cloud Premium to get Advanced Roadmaps may not address your use case.  Nonetheless, it's worth having a look yourself.

The other option is to look for an Atlassian Marketplace app that may address your use case -- perhaps more cost-effectively than upgrading to Jira Cloud Premium.

Note that I only captured the top 3 results in this screen capture. There are a number of apps that can probably address your use case.

Happy hunting and good luck!

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 1.08.22 PM.png

0 votes
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 15, 2022

Hi @Michelle Shableski 

Welcome to a community!

Yes, you are correct. But also it depends on what you need to see when planning the team's capacity. Advanced Roadmaps allows you to see the overall team's capacity. There is no availability to check individual capacity (for each user).  

If you consider using a plugin I would suggest ActivityTimeline. ActivityTimeline provides resource planning and availability on a timeline view. You can track tasks progress, workload, and availability for each employee taking into consideration the part-time, full-time, or even different work schemes for users, and holidays. Workload or availability could be calculated for individuals or teams on the same view.

There is an ability to plan your work with bookings and placeholders.

The additional modules provide numerous reports including timesheets report and capacity report

ActivityTimeline.png

If you have any additional requirements please feel free to ask me. We can provide a demo session for you if needed.
Best, Nataliya, ActivityTimeline Team

0 votes
Michelle Shableski August 11, 2022

Note, I'm inquiring about this for a single team operating one sprint at a time.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events