Is Jira forms option not available

Waris Malik April 4, 2022

Hi,
I am not able to see the Forms option/tab in any of the projects.
Could you please help me to enable the same.
Thanks

Attached is the forms tab I checked on the Jira community. 

alt="Creating a form."

3 answers

0 votes
Waris Malik April 4, 2022

It seems the "Forms" is not available for "Jira Software". 

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2022

Yes, I could see only for Business and Service type projects. 

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2022

Hi @Waris Malik and @Rilwan Ahmed ,

Forms are available also for Software projects

Immagine.png

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ ,

I don't see Proforma Forms installed in my cloud instance and also I don't see the option for software project. Is it because I am using free version ?
image.png

@Waris Malik 
ThinkTilt (proforma ap builder) was acquired by Atlassian. 

KalebElliott September 29, 2022

Hey, folks. I’m grateful for your help with that. I thought I’d have gone crazy trying to figure out how it worked. I’ve recently started working in Jira, so it’s going to take some time to figure out how it works. I also have a friend who works at techrepublic.com. He’s literally the only person I know who knows everything about Jira. Btw, I used to work in Trello, so luckily, I have some experience working with such software. Anyway, huge thanks for your help, folks. Thanks for keeping this thread updated. Wish you all the best.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2022

Hi @Waris Malik ,

first of all please check that ProForma app is correctly installed on your instance (Jira Admin -> Apps -> Manage Apps)

Immagine.png

If so and you have Admin provileges on your project, please go to Project Settings -> Apps -> Forms

Immagine.png

it should be available,

Fabio

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ ,

I see forms directly available without any app in my Jira cloud. Is it new feature available only for few cloud instances ?

image.png

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2022

Hi @Rilwan Ahmed ,

it's an embedded app within JIRA cloud. Btw, if enabled (I don't know if it has been disabled in the @Waris Malik instance), an admin should be able to setup on the project admin section.

Like Rilwan Ahmed likes this
Patrice Lelaisant July 7, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_

Point is not clear for the availability of form for software project in cloud as you mentionned.

For project Software, proformaforms is not avail on the Market place but only this one installed at 

System apps

1.PNG

On project settings, there is no form avail.

2.PNG

On business project, form app is avail.

So what's the point at the end for software project ?

Thanks.

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2022

Hi @Waris Malik ,

To enable Forms, go to your service project and select Project settings (or Service project settings) > Forms from the navigation on the left.

More abut forms is described in https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-forms/ 

Suggest an answer