Integration w/ quickbase

JD Lobue January 3, 2022

We are trying to sync our jira instance w/ a quickbase app. Has anyone any experience w/ integrating w/ quickbase into Jira?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2022

Yep, many years ago.

The question to start with is "what does 'integrate' mean to you?"  What are you asking the "integration" to do?

JD Lobue January 3, 2022

We are trying to set up a bilateral sync between Jira tickets to quickbase tickets.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2022

You'll need to write something on the QuickBase side that can send data to Jira over its REST API, and/or add automation or scripts to Jira that can send data to QuickBase over its external APIs.

I would however question the value, why not just use one or the other for issue tracking, rather than duplicate things and have people looking in two places?

JD Lobue January 3, 2022

yes, and we are getting an error on the request:  Remote API returned authentication error: Client must be authenticated to access this resource.

I have not seen a request in the Atlassian suite for this integration, and I would agree. We are trying to get our third party to use Atlassian, and are running into resistance, so we are trying this approach.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2022

Ok, so your code is not doing the authentication it needs to.  I don't know what your code is doing, so I can't help you with it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events