Insight AWS Integration

Gayan Gunapala December 28, 2020

Hi,

We need to use this with our Jira cloud. Is there an option or any other way? 

If it is not currently supported is it in the roadmap? 

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2020

@Gayan Gunapala 

Check the marketplace, if insight has a plugin for Jira then you will be able to add it.

I hope I got your question right. If not if you can elaborate little bit, it will be very helpful.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com

Best,

Fadoua

chathsuom January 3, 2021

Hi,

Sorry for not being clear. 

Insight AWS Integration is a plugin in the marketplace. But this is only available for the Server version and the Datacenter version, but it is not available for the cloud version.

As this plugin not available for the cloud version would like to know if there is an option for that or any other workaround. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2021

@chathsuom 

It is the reason I shared the link to the marketplace so that you can find a plugin that may do similar job for Cloud versions.

That is impediment with Cloud so many plugins are not available for cloud versions.

What is the integration you are trying to achieve? Jira with what?

Best,

Fadoua

So we are POCying, the plugin insight-asset-management. We need to get AWS assets to the JIRA Cloud. Just wanted to see if there is a plugin or tool that can do that before we do a customize app or something.

Plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212137/insight-asset-management?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2021

@chathsuom 

The plugin is available for Cloud version

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 5.22.06 PM.png

Like chathsuom likes this

Yes, but it can't get assets from AWS automatically. That's why we tried to use the plugin 

Insight AWS Integration

This is only available for the server and datacernter versions.

Like Fadoua likes this

@Fadoua So basically we want to know if there is a recommended way of importing aws assets to the jira cloud (insight-asset-management). 

Also if cloud is considered in the roadmap for Insight AWS Integration plugin.

Thank you for your help. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2021

@chathsuom  I checked there are no plugins for Cloud.

You can reach out to Insight directly see if they are planning to develop a similar plugin for Cloud.

With the most recent announcement by Atlassian, I am sure lot of companies will start investing more in Cloud Plugins.

Best of luck

Fadoua

Suggest an answer