In the Roadmap feature, how does the Status dropdown works?

Marc-André Lanciault January 5, 2021

Hi,

We are using the Roadmap feature.

In the Status dropdown, if I check Todo, I would expect to only see Epics that have Status = Todo.

In the screenshot below, you can see that, even though, the Todo option is selected in the Status dropdown, we can still see epics with status = Backlog.

Perhaps I don't correctly understand what the Status dropdown should do ?

Thanks for the help!

image.png

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2021

Hello @Marc-André Lanciault,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Allow me to step in just to share with you the feature request suggesting to filter the issues based on status. 

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

Hi @Marc-André Lanciault,

The filter works on status category rather than individual status. You'll notice that the statuses in your dropdown have colors:

• grey representing to do 
  • blue representing in progress
  • green representing done
Marc-André Lanciault January 7, 2021

Thanks Walter.

So, If I understand correctly, when using the Status dropdown of the Roadmap page, the Epics that will be displayed will be the Epics HAVING issues with status related to what is selected in the Status dropdown, correct ?

I was expecting the Epics to be filtered by the epic's status and not the issues within.

Let me know !

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

That is correct. This is because otherwise you would lose the context of the underlying stories/tasks in the roadmap.

If there are no issues inside your Epics, then the Epic status will be taken into account as well.

Marc-André Lanciault January 7, 2021

Great! Thanks Walter!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events