Impossible to complete sprint

Laura Ogor April 30, 2021

Hi all,

I have created a Sprint in jira board and put all tickets in the "Delivered" column.

I want now to complete the sprint but i get the following error message:

"Sprint cannot be completed as there are incomplete subtasks on the following issues: Ticket Nb."

I have indeed created 30 child issues to this ticket but they are 100% Done/Delivered status.

I am now blocked to to complete the sprint :(

Do you have an idea of what could be the issue ?

Thanks in advance !

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

Hello @Laura Ogor 

Here are two things to check.

1. Is the "Delivered" column the right most column on your board?

2. Do all the issues in that column have a value in their Resolution field?

3. Confirm that there are not issues in the sprint that are not showing on your board.

You can do the last two by using the Search feature to search for all the issues where the Sprint equals your sprint. If the Resolution field is not showing in the issue view, you can change the Search results display to List View and add the Resolution field to the columns displayed to see what that value is for each issue.

Laura Ogor April 30, 2021

Hi Trudy,

Thanks for your message!

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. I did not add the child issues in the sprint but they are done.

:(

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

The issue mentions sub-tasks in a specific issue are not complete. Have you confirmed that all the sub-tasks of that issue are done and have a value in the Resolution field?

Do you have a Status value assigned to the "Done" Status Category, and that Status is mapped to any other column than the right most column? 

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2021

Hi Laura,

Sprint boards do not consider the Issue to be complete unless it is in the very last column, regardless of the status. Once all of the issues are in the last column, you should be able to complete the Sprint. 

Laura Ogor May 3, 2021

Thanks John!

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer