Importing CSV - template

Tuan Anh Hoang November 24, 2019

Hi,

I have a list of tasks and I want to import to my JIRA and assign a single epic for it.

I read the documentation and not sure if the CSV can contain columns and rows or it must be a text and separate by comma.

How should I set up my template?

Best,

Tuan Anh

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2019

Hi @Tuan Anh Hoang 

You can build your CSV using columns and rows from excel and export this to CSV. 

Do ensure that when importing use the correct delimiter because excel uses semi column instead of commas.

You can also build it in a text editor but in reality these are still columns and rows where the first line defines the columns and the subsequent rows are the data mapped to each column.

One important thing to note, if you have any entry that spans multiple lines put them in quites.

Tuan Anh Hoang November 25, 2019

Hi Ismael,

What should I input for the "Summary" part?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

@Tuan Anh Hoang - Summary is the short title of an issue (Story, Epic, etc.), like "Build front page header".

Hope your CSV template was a success! 

Suggest an answer