Import projects from another Jira User

Alexander Lohr July 4, 2019

Hello everybody,
sorry for my bad english i hope you can help me anyway.
I want to import Jira projects from our customer into our Jira version. Unfortunately this doesn't work as planned, because the customer probably uses user-defined fields, which are not used by us. I thought the user-defined settings will be imported, but instead it says either "false" or "customer-field-...". Is there a way to import the custom settings or do I have to add them manually?
I hope you can help me

Regards,

Alex

2 answers

0 votes

I export the project as csv and import it via System -> import and export -> external systemimport and then select the empty project into which i want to import the data. Afterwards I choose "summary" for all fields as it says in the explanation to it.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2019

Hello,

How do you do the import?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2019

You should not choose summary for all fields. Only one field must correspond to summary. and you need to create all custom fields manually, which do not exist in the destination Jira. Then map the fields from the csv file to the required custom fields. 

Thank you very much. I'll try that.

Suggest an answer