I want to set up a workflow for the project: set additional automation parameters.

Evgeniya.Chugunova May 17, 2022

I want to set up a workflow for the project: set additional automation parameters. In particular, so that when moving a task from "To do" to "In progress", the system does not allow this to be done if the "Original Estimate" field is not filled in. Could you help me where I can find additional parameters "Original Estimate", because there is not in drop-down list in "projeck settings", "automatisation".

1 answer

0 votes
Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2022

Hello and welcome to the community !  

Let me try to understand what you want.  

• You have a project with a workflow on it.
  • You want to transition a ticket from to do done but you can't because there's a field that must be filled.  
  • You can't find the field OR you can't fill it

Let's go for the resolution:  

If you wan't to remove the mandatory field

• You have to be global admin to perform the correction 
  • There's 2 ways to look
    • The validator part in the specific workflow
    • The field configuration for the specific project. 

If you can't see the field:

• There's many way to find the problem but the most straightforward should be using the "where's my field function"
  • You can also see if the field is included in the edit, create and show screens in screen scheme. 
  • Finally, you may have put some restrictions on your own display. Look in the creation screen (in the right corner) if you mask any field. 

Finally, the most easy way should be to fill this field :). 

Hope this help!  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events