I use Jira and my client does as well. Can I connect both Jira?

William Suzuki
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2021

My company is developing a Product for a client that has other clients developing other products for them, that is why they use Jira, so they can connect activities and keep their pipeline.

My company as a software company also uses Jira, but we have some plugg-ins that we use internally for our management.

Is it possible do connect both Projects one in my internal Jira and the other in my client's Jira in a way that what I edit in one reflects to the other?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

Hi @William Suzuki it is not implemented in Jira by default. 

But there are some products (I know Backbone - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215199/backbone-issue-sync-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview) which are easily configurable to achieve what you (probably) need :).

You could probably manually configure Automation or write Scripts (Script Runner) to achieve this, but it would be more complicated...

1 vote
Daniel Lecoq June 15, 2022

Hi William,

Did you find a solution for your purpose ?

Currently, my company uses Backbone Issue link to connect a Jira cloud instance with a Jira Datacenter. We own both Jira instances, so it's easy to manage syncs with Backbone. We can indeed create service users, get tokens and manage roles in all projects. Backbone works well, but we configured it to push data from cloud to datacenter. It's not a fully synchronization.

Soon, we need a solution to connect our Jira Datacenter with a partner's Jira, who develops some functionalities for us. We are not completely confident with this solution. I wonder if Backbone is the good solution for this use case.

Best regards,

Daniel

Liset de Bruin _K15t_ June 15, 2022

Hi Daniel,

Liset here, product manager of Backbone Issue Sync at K15t. With Backbone you can sync issues between different instances also across organizations. I’m not sure what exactly you want to achieve with the connection but I’d be happy to discuss that with you and if Backbone would be a good fit for that.

Feel free to reach out directly to support.k15t.com and then we can take a look.

Cheers,
Liset

Like # people like this
1 vote
Jose Lobo (Solutions Architect at Exalate)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2021

Hey @William Suzuki 

Are you planning to develop it yourself or are you willing to use an intermediate app?

If you are willing to use an app. Here is an explanation of how you can do it with Exalate (the add-on I work for)

IF you are still considering developing the integration yourself you might be interested in this post:

Let me know if this helps,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events