I have admin access but can't change workflow

Flavia Dias April 26, 2021

I have all admin access to Jira but I still can't edit the workflow of a project (the pencil don't appear for me). What can it be?

3 answers

0 votes
Flavia Dias April 28, 2021

Hey folks! I just figured out which was the problem. I was with two users (one with the company email and the other one with my personal email). Once I deleted the personal email account, I was able to edit everything! Many thanks!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Hi Flavia - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you share some screenshots? How are you access the Workflows?

Try going to Settings > Issues > Workflows

Then search for the Workflow you want to change and click Edit. It is always easier to edit the workflow in the Diagram mode. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Great! Glad you got it figured out.  :-)

Celine Penaredondo November 15, 2021

Hi @John Funk I wanted to use the workflow that I created (inactive), I used the switch scheme button but I couldn't find the one I created from the workflow. 

Is there a process that I'm missing? 

Send help. Thanks!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2021

Workflows are a part of a workflow scheme. It is the scheme that is attached to a project (and the one you would see when you do a switch scheme process). 

You can add your inactive workflow directly to your existing scheme attached to the project by editing the scheme and adding your workflow. Just be sure to map the new workflow to the issue types it relates to. 

0 votes
caglad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2021

Are you in the project settings or in issues/workflow screen?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events