I can drag an issue to a Version, so why can't I add the Version field to an issue?

leewarren June 30, 2021

It seems inconsistent that whereas I can edit Epic from within an issue, I can't edit Version. Must I rely on a delicately coded (works when Version details are closed, not open) drag and drop method?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

Are you working with a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project?

In a Company Managed project (which is what I work with) the field you need is the "Fix Version/s" field, specifically. That is the field getting set when you drag an issue to the Version in the Versions pane on a Backlog screen.

leewarren June 30, 2021

Would you know why they chose not to call "Fix Version" what it is, "Version"?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

I don't know conclusively why Atlassian chose the name they did, but I would suppose it is because there can be multiple fields where the version info is used, like Affected Version/s, Target Version/s, and others that can be created as custom fields.

leewarren July 1, 2021

When a user has to wonder why, that is not a good sign.

Like Katarina Danielcakova likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events