How to transit a story based on certain sub task status

Jerome December 17, 2021

Hi I have a situation where I would to transit a story from Backlog to In Progress when CERTAIN sub tasks are all in progress.

My basic setup is i have more than 1 type of sub task under a story, for example:

- Design (Workflow A)

- Backend Development (Workflow B)

- UI development   (Workflow B).

As the subtask has a different workflow, some of the state within the design workflow are not the same as the rest. So it is possible that design sub task is Done while the others are not started.

What I like to achieve is when All Backend development and UI Development are in the status "In Progress", the story will also be automatically updated to "In progress". This is with the fact that Design subtask might be in a "Done" status.

1 answer

1 vote
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2021

Hello @Jerome 

Welcome to the community!!

As I understand the use case, you wish to update the status of the Story based on the status of the Sub-task. Atlassian has created a sample rule which aligns with this.

This rule can be customised to align with your use case. Please share if you need help with the customizations of the rule.

Kindly accept the answer if it helps.

Jerome December 17, 2021

Hi, appreciate the reply.

The issue with this rule is it works on the basis of ALL sub task transiting. But what I am looking at is only for certain subtask to be fully transited to a certain status for the story to move.

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2021

Hello @Jerome 

The rule shared previously can be customised to suit the exact business requirement. Kindly share the detailed use case and I will try to help you with the Automation rule.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events