How to set up aspecific Status during issue creation?

Yakov Melman December 5, 2022

Hi,

When a user creates a ticket, the "Status" value should always be the same. How can I do that? Thank you.

2 answers

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

Hi @Yakov Melman 

Atlassian is rolling out a change to the way we create issues, by having the possibility to change the issue 's status during creation. This is a feature currently rolling out to all instances. If you see a status field during issue creation, then go to project settings > features and turn this feature off.

Let me know if that helps.

Yakov Melman December 28, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_  Thank you so much. What is this feature name?

1 vote
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

Hi @Yakov Melman - By nature of how Jira Workflows work, the status upon creation will always be the first status in the workflow.  Can you please provide a little more context as to what you're trying to achieve?

Hi @Mark Segall 

Yes, you're right. My goal is to prevent users from changing to any other Statuses. So, a ticket should be created with a specific (default) Status value only. A user shouldn't not be able to change it when they create the ticket.

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2022

This historically was not possible, but per @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ comment, it appears there's a new feature rolling out that may be turned on for you.  As advised in that answer, just go to Project Settings >> Features and turn this off.

I see, thank you so much. What is name of the feature? Sorry, I can't find it.

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2022

If you don't see it, then you probably don't have it.  I'm unaware of any such feature myself so I'd need to defer to @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ on any further guidance on this topic.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events